Thursday, November 30, 2006

What an Adventure-filled Day

Words cannot truly describe the events of this day. Well, maybe they can. Let's start around 12am...I decide to make my way to bed after gettin off the phone with my bff in Winnipeg. I made it to the bed, but the sleep just wouldn't come. And so it began, another insomnia filled night where every hour I found myself looking at the clock and wondering why i wasn't yet asleep. Grr. Finally, around 5:30 I was like "God, i need AT LEAST 2 hours of sleep to function so PLEASE let me get some sleep" and around 6ish I must have fallen asleep cuz at 8am the alarm woke me up. Ugh. So I force myself out of bed at about 8:15 cuz I had soo much to do and soo little time to do it.

Flash forward a bit, I met up with one of my DG girls and we had a great time together and then headed to our final DG of the semester *tear* where we ate lunch at Blueberry Hill and just chilled. It was a lot of fun.

Then it's about 1pm and I should have been goin to class but skipped it and met up with the fabulous Barb to go over the events of the evening (532 Christmas Extravaganza) and we have a splendid time digressing and all of the above.

Ok, now is where the day gets interesting. During my other DG of the day, what sounded like a fire alarm starts goin off in the Student Centre. So we all kinda look at each other and look at the people outside of the room and none seem to be panicking or moving so we just kinda continue doing what we're doing. About 5 mins later or so, this lady from the Student Centre office comes in telling us that it is NOT a drill and we have to exit immediately. So we get herded out of the Student Centre where everyone kinda has no clue what's goin on and we just wait patiently/impatiently for the ok to get back in. That comes about 10 mins later and life resumes somewhat normal.

Flash forward again and we've got our FABULOUS 532 Christmas Extravaganza (party) which was incredible. I must say that Barb, my co-emcee was AMAZING. She is such a blessing to work with and I am soo happy that I do. We had a blast emcee-ing and switching it up (pictures to come). The games were tons of fun and the acts for the talent show were also just amazing lol (as you can tell, i'm running out of great words that don't make me sound nerdy); we had some singing, some instrumentals, some rap, some sign language, some improv and the judges from American Idol were there to judge (Simon - Terra, Paula - Steve S, Randy - Janette). Such a blast. I'd also like to thank my partner Nakita for singing Now Behold the Lamb with me (I hope she reads this).

Anywayz, this is quite lengthy and if you've made it this far, give yourself a pat on the back or a gold start or whatever tickles your fancy. Pictures and maybe more stories to come. Congrats to all the acts!

2 comments:

Terra said...

ya did beautiful, just beautiful.

ChenAngel said...

thank you Terra