Saturday, November 18, 2006

Retail...can we ever be friends?

The answer is maybe...

I'm actually enjoying Jacob a lot more this year than last. The staff are still AMAZING and the customers suprisingly enough are NOT wretched. There's the few who try to spoil the day but on the whole...MUCH improved. Perhaps it's because I only work 15 hours a week as opposed to the 25-30 i did last year so i'm not there as often...not too sure.

There's been a few incidents but nothing extremely worth mentioning except fot this one today. Kinda funny, kinda frustrating. So basically we have to let customers into the washroom because we keep them locked. So I put the key in the handle to unlock the door and i get it unlocked but the key is still in the door as the customer YANKS the door open (WITH my arm) and i'm like..."one second" and she's like "it's ok! it's ok!" and im thinking "not it's NOT ok because my hand it attached to the door that you're yanking open; the proper response is "sorry" where I then reply "it's ok" lol. So anywayz, my friend Annie tells me that happens to her all the time too so it's not only me. That's about as harsh as it's been besides the constant returns and the talkin on the phones...

But that...my friends...is another issue....another blog...

3 comments:

.Cheryl. said...

hahaha, I guess the woman urgently needed use of the toilet ;P

I'm glad I saw you today! :)

Son of Man said...

That's hilarious. She grabbed your arm to open the door?! What goes through peoples minds? I love it! Customer service is great fun.

Kristen said...

Hey Chenene,
How did tonight's Hannah party go?
I too am hoping of picking up some retail work this season. Are you at Scarbrough town?