Tuesday, October 03, 2006

SUMMIT

I am back from Summit! It was such an amazing time I’m not sure if I’m completely happy being back but I am enjoying a heated house. Why you ask? Well I’ll let you know

Friday:
Basically slept in, washed some clothes and made the 2 hour trek to school (somehow it took a LOT longer than normal) Anywayz, made it to school and all that jazz that has to go on until bus time. Go Bus #2 haha. So yeah, on the bus, met some wicked cool people (I won’t name names because I’ll get myself in trouble) and we got our war paint on for the battle of the campuses that were to happen that night. Let’s just say, Switzerland would be SOO happy to have me in their country, my face was a magnificent Swiss flag (lol York colors are red and white). Me and Andrea, we ‘represent’ Switzerland. And yes, I am away that Canada’s colors are also red and white but our flag is just soo much harder to draw. So yeah, we arrive and register and get our cabins (not winterized OR insulated but we were able to manage) and all that fun stuff and then off to Friday night session where there was some P&W (praise and worship) and the speaker (Alex) came up and told us a bit about his life and what we could expect out of the weekend. Then it was off to the dining lounge for snacks and some healthy (and loud) University Spirit Competitions. I had heard about these…but you NEVER quite know until you experience them. WOW is really the only word I can say. I must say that the skools did a great job. My hearing doctor may not agree (Just kidding!) Afterwards was bedtime, except I got no sleep cuz it was too cold to sleep. BRRR I never thought that temperature could totally keep someone awake until this weekend. I’ve been so hot it was uncomfortable to sleep but never too cold that it was impossible to sleep. Oh well, first time for everything and it was definitely worth it (somewhat)

Saturday
Well today was the only full day at Camp White Pine…started with a 7:30 wake up call for prayer and then breakfast (mmm pancakes and sausage) at 8. Of course, more campus rivalry went on at breakfast; congo lines, soccer cheers, the whole shebang. Great times though. Then we had the first session of the day with more P&W, some cool video clips, and a great talk by Alex on why we are in university, he linked it with Joshua 3 and 4 and it was absolutely incredible (maybe in a next blog or ask if you wanna know). Then we had some quiet time where me and my amazing God had a great time together. I learnt so much in that short 25 mins. Next was a training session on ways we could enhance ourselves and our purpose. Then lunch…mmm, a great combination of hot dogs, pasta, French fries, soup, salad, you name it, they had it (well not quite) but it was great. Then was free time with the Summit Game (we had trivia questions in the morning session and the number you got right determined the number of water balloons gotten) which basically was sling-shotting water balloons into a tarp that the teammates were holding. York didn’t win but it was tons of fun to watch. Afterwards was the T.O. versus everyone else football game with T.O. won. Teeeeeeeee Ooooooooooooo! Dinner, followed by another amazing session where Alex spoke on how offensive sin is to God (that will definitely be in a blog) and then we had some extended P&W time. After that, the Dutch Blitz Showdown began….great times with Dutch Blitz and I was sooo sleep deprived that I got crazy excited and super hyper as always (Camillia knows what I mean) and now everyone else does too! Lol. I definitely crashed that night in bed and slept rather well and with more layers on than the first night.

Sunday
Morning started out at 7:30 again, with some breakfast, a morning session on discipline and what it means to us (Alex truly did amazing this entire weekend and he was SOO funny) then we had campus times where we got together as York (and the other campuses did the same) and discussed what we liked about the weekend, prayed with each other and made up some wicked cool cheers lol. We then went to lunch where we demonstrated, and dominated, our cheers with our own “chug-a chug-a line” haha. Afterwards was packing up and sadly, leaving the great Camp White Pine to head back to Teeee Oooooo where life went back to normal.

All in all GREAT WEEKEND. Totally worth every penny and I’m soo glad I made it. If anyone wants to know more (cuz this was definitely the short version) JUST ASK!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

u should be happy you're back again. you get to see my pretty cute face. and listen to me talk over and over and over again.

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. swiss wannabes. =p

Anonymous said...

u should have taken guelph's cows! get it? swiss cows? get it?

.....
....
.....
....
....
....
or is it swiss cheese?

Anonymous said...

..and here i was thinking that humans can hibernate in cold temperatures.

Chenene! u must be some kind of OTHER mammal! =p

Anonymous said...

errm... about the book of Joshua..tell us more in ur next blog entry! AND HURRY IT UP!!!!




please

:D

Anonymous said...

God is sooo awesome isnt he? Dont you just love the feeling you get after an intimate prayer or alone time with him?

Anonymous said...

ur really into your food.

i could have sworn you stole the menu.

either that or u ate each food served and remembered each one of them.

Anonymous said...

whats Teeeeeeeee Ooooooooooooo? U have wierd expressions girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

so u guys won with ur chug-a-chug-a line? or no?

Anonymous said...

hahah.. ur insane. u sleep deprived person.ur just like me. hyper when im deprived of my BEAUTY sleep

Anonymous said...

Lastly whats Dutch Blitz??!! i wanna learn..this...card game?? i saw pics.

Anonymous said...

have i spammed this place enough?

Anonymous said...

AND BLOG SOME MORE!!!


SOOOOONNNN!!