Friday, April 20, 2007

SEA Update

Well there's less than 2 weeks to go before I leave for South East Africa. The pressure is on now to get everything done. I have packing and shopping and vaccinations and raising just a bit more money and of course, writing 3 exams but it's all good. I'm soo happy to see that I've got close to $3000 raised for support already...that just means only $1600 more to go! God is soooo incredible. It was great seeing people who I don't even know sending me money to support me for my trip. Such a great test of faith and I'm trusting for the rest.
I keep hearing horror stories about the bugs and conditions there (cuz I really HATE insects) and I thought they'd be a huge deterrent but I really don't feel as disgusted and freaked out about it as I normally would which is totally telling me that this is where God wants me to be. SOO EXCITED! I know about 5-6 people that are going (cuz they're also from my university) so its' really cool. I promise to try to take lots of pictures. Those who know me know that I go trigger crazy and take like 80 pictures a day but since I"m gone for 6 weeks I don't think that will be quite possible lol. 2000 pictures tops lol. Thank God for digital cameras! haha. Anywayz, I'll hopefully give another update before I leave and of course when I get back (if I can't get to it while I'm gone). Ciao!

No comments: