Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tired but Bouncy

I have had quite the excitement filled week. Other than boring school, there's been following up on contacts with C4C, meeting with people, making new friends, having an AMAZING weekly meeting and then a GREAT weekend so far.

I'll start with yesterday (Friday). So basically I lazed around during the day although I was supposed to be applying for jobs (blah) but i THINK i might go back to Jacob (that's a WHOLE other blog though lol) so yeah, I didn't do a lot cuz I was pretty worn out from the week and knew I was going to have an eventful evening. At night was a Girl's Social with some girls from C4C. Basically a time to just hang out and get to know each other better....Girl's Night! So we had a BBQ and some pasta salad, some pizza egg rolls, some chips, some pavlova (sp) and then played Cranium, which is quite the amazing game. Afterwards, it was gettin somewhat late and we decided we must depart ince we all had to be at UofT for 10am for Training Day (no...not the movie)

So I dropped off a couple people at the place they were sleeping and then went on my way to drop Andrea off. On our way, she informed me that her brother (Steven) and our friend Jon were playing volleyball until 2am and wondered if I was slightly interested in going to watch. Obviously I said yes...it's VOLLEYBALL. So we headed over there and saw Barb and her friend from Australia playing there too. We had an great time...Andrea and I found a spare ball and just played some pepper and what not for a while, we were joined by some of the ladies for a bit and even got a chance to play a game cuz some guys needed 2 extra players. So basically it was a fun, sweaty and sandy (beach volleyball style) experience that I'm hoping to repeat fairly soon. I can't believe how much I've missed playing it. Well, that night I got home about 3:15 and went to sleep at 4 and had to wake up at 8:30 in order to get to Training Day. Ugh....why do people do stupidness like get only 4 1/2 hours of sleep? lol

Training Day was great. Unfortunately we (me, Andrea, Jon and Steven) got off to a slow-ish start and arrived late :( However, everyone was gracious and I learned a lot about things to epect and things that would make this year amazing in terms of gaining momentum and creating a movement and things to do with my DG (discipleship group). So basically i'm super super excited to see what God's got in store for this year.

After Training Day, went by Andrea and Steven's for a bit. Had fun, sang some songs, played some music and did all the crazy fun stuff that people do lol. Then went home, got the cousins and we watched Tyler Perry's "I Can Do Bad Myself" which was hilarious and interesting. Gotta love his plays, I just wish I could see them in person sometime.

Anywayz, that's basically it for now. It's almost 1am and I'm still running on only 4 1/2 hours of sleep so i'm a BIT tired. So you tell me, is sleep a necessity? I would think so....as i'm half asleep on here lol jk. NITE FOLKS!

No comments: